Posted: Friday, 31 May 2019 @ 15:54
Are you a tenant, living in a property which is prone to mold, condensation and mildew?
Why not follow these simple steps, which could help eliminate these problems in your home.
Simple steps to help eliminate mold in your home.
- The best way to avoid mold growing in your home is to have good ventilation. Increase circulation of air throughout the property by opening windows (especially bathroom and kitchen windows, while steam is produced), leaving doors between rooms open and move furniture away from the walls.
- Leave bathroom extractor fans on for at least an hour after you have finished showering/bathing.
- Try to keep your home warm.
- Dry condensation off the windows/walls/pipes as soon as it appears.
- Avoid drying wet washing on radiators and make sure clothes are bone dry before putting them in wardrobes/draws.
- Use a dehumidifier, these draw moisture out of the air, and come in many sizes.
- Use moisture traps to help with condensation on windows.
Why does mold grow in our homes?
Particularly at this time of year damp, mold, mildew and condensation is prone in a property.Moisture in your home is caused by a number of components; showers, baths, wet washing, kitchen steam and believe it or not, us. Commonly you might find condensation on the windows of your property; this is caused by warm air colliding and reacting with the cold glass. This will be a particular problem for single glazed windows and for bedroom windows, due to the moisture that we release while we sleep.
How to clean mold from your home.
There are many cleaning products specifically designed to target the removal of mold. They work well and can easily be sourced.
Hopefully these simple tips will help keep your home clear of mold and damp. Please let us know what you think, and if you found these tips useful.